Re: Need references

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 13:28:55 PST

Iteachart7@aol.com wrote:
> am in the process of gathering info for our next unit, which is ANIMATION.
> I remember this thread from earlier but lost it. Does any have any good book
> or web site recommendations?

Gabrielle,

I gave a workshop on making animation gadgets at NAEA a few years ago
(zoetropes, thaumatropes, kineographs, etc.). Here are the books I
recommended:

Locke, Lafe. Making "movies" without a camera. Cincinnati: Betterway.
1992
Wentz, Bud. Paper movie machines. San Francisco: Troubador Press. 1975

You should make the gadgets on your own, first, as the instructions are
not always feasible for a whole class.

Maggie

---