Identity Projects

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 11:33:55 PST

I am working on a paper for my psychological foundations
course on art projects using identity. I have Gardner
(Multiple Intelligences), some brain research, some books
that deal with Identity (Why Do All the Black Kids Sit
Together In the Cafeteria? - great book!), and some class
projects I do with identity. I want to list reasons to
teach from this perspective / content / authentic
instruction. I think I am going to make a Power Point
presentation for when I have to present this in April.

I have taken photos of the the plastering / casting
project from the beginning to the final projects. So I
have an idea of how strong this has been in my class
room, but I would appreciate input from those of you who
have worked with identity projects as well.

Our class is mixed - so we have teachers for every grade
level. Any ideas or resources would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy