NAEA presentation conflicts

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 11:05:57 PST

        While I'm fighting this damn cold, I'm going over the schedule for
the conference in New York. I thought I'd map out a schedule for
the workshops and presentations that look most interesting. If I don't
do it now I'd miss some just finding out where they are located.
My presentation is at 2:00 PM on Wednesday. But so are 19 other
Middle School presentations. I looked over the five day schedule and
there are only 42 presentations listed as Middle School. Why would they
schedule almost 50 % of them in the same time slot ?????? It may make for
a very small turnout. Perhaps the Middle Level is not considered to important.
        I've done these before and there are always conflicts, but 19 presentations
from the same level at once seems like very poor planing. Of course I will
select from lots of levels and areas of interests, but I am a strong advocate
of the Middle Level students being somewhat unique. They take a certain dedication,
and need to be understood as "in transition" to somewhere. Just ask any
teacher who use to teach that level. I've enjoyed each one of my 25 years
in this "limbo" called Middle School.
        Perhaps there is some logic I don't see in the scheduling of presentations.
Can anyone point it out to me ? Looking forward to meeting everyone in
the
Marketplace at the Hilton at 5:00 PM on Wednesday and at the Binney and Smith
reception later at 7:00 PM. Don't forget to stop by and see Judy at the
Sax booth
to get your ArtsEdNet Badge. Does anyone know where the vendors will be set
up and how early on Wednesday they will be there ?
                                                Woody in KC

--
     the monkeys and evolution will soon be taught in schools again.
		I guess only Kansas is flat, not the entire planet.