Re: teachers are bad students

---------

From: Art Sherwyn (art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 09:30:30 PST

I found faculty meetings a great way to work on my figurative drawing or
character drawing. Just sit in the back, with a small sketchbook, use the
other teachers as subject matter, put the materials you are suppose to look
at near you, look up at the speaker every few minutes with your most
attentive eyes, and if anyone asks you about it, just tell them that
doodling keeps you awake and attentive to the meeting. You'll get to do a
lot of studies of the backs of heads and torsos, just like Ingre' and Degas.
I write this with tongue in cheek, yet it is truly the only way I can stay
awake, which is important for me because I could have a tendency to snore.
Art