Re: Gabrielle, zoetropes

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 08:40:03 PST

Hi Gabrielle and others on the list,

        Glad to hear my zoetrope idea and model are still "spinning around." :-)
And yes, Deb S., I still owe you one ! It may appear at your doorstep one
of these days.

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
PS Another kind of animation gadget is a thomotrope(? not sure of the
spelling), which is a flat disk (two circles of stiff paper glued together)
with two separage images on the sides....like a bird cage and a bird.
Inside the disks you place and glue the ends of string. When you spin the
disk by twirling the strings, it will appear that the bird is inside the
cage.

 we are
|making Zeotropes- An Idea I got for Ann-thank you and flip books and maybe
|stop action video if I can ge the camera.
|Thank you
|Gabrielle

---