FW: A smile for Friday....

---------

From: Julie Brady (7.jbrady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 12:58:52 PST

This was sent to the staff from our secretary:

So there's the teacher at Knapp Charter Academy who was helping one
of her kindergarten students put his boots on...

He asked for help and she could see why. With her pulling and him
pushing, the boots still didn't want to go on. When the second boot was
on, she had worked up a sweat.

She almost whimpered when the little boy said, "Teacher, they're on the
wrong feet." She looked and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier

pulling the boots off than it was putting them on.

She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots
back on -- this time on the right feet.

He then announced, "These aren't my boots."

She bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream, "Why
didn't you say so?" like she wanted to.

Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off.

He then said, "They're my brother's boots. My Mom made me wear them."

She didn't know if she should laugh or cry. She mustered up the grace to

wrestle the boots on his feet again. She said, "Now, where are your
mittens?"

He said, "I stuffed them in the toes of my boots..."

Having one of those days?

Julie Hill, Secretary
Knapp Charter Academy

---