great perspective project

---------

From: Deb Mortl (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 10:37:43 PST

Thank you VERY much to the person who suggested drawing furniture in
perspective as an interesting assingment. I just finished my 1 and 2 pt.
units with my Basic 2D class (freshmen mostly) and wanted to close with the
furniture in 1 and 2 pt. I got a bunch of decorating magaizines donated
from Home Depot - they just throw them out at the end of the month. Then I
had the students select a piece and draw it with pen in 1pt and then 2 pt.
They did a great job with the details, fabric, carving etc. The
conversation was really fun too - they discussed which style s they liked
and didn't like and how they wanted to decorate their apartments. Thanks
for this great idea!

Deb