Job hunting in Houston (Katy freeway west)

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 09:27:53 PST

Guys I need to move back to Houston for family reasons. My Father died 3
years ago unexpectedly, and my Mother really hates West Texas. She wants to
move home and be closer to my sister, brother-in-law, and niece, but doesnít
want to ďabandonĒ me here. So Iíve started job hunting in the Houston area.
My sister and her family live in Spring Branch (we grew up in Memorial). My
Fatherís sister and her family live in Sugar Land. (Motherís family is on
PEI, Canada so they do not figure into this plan ;-O) So I would like to
stay on that side of town. SBISD, Fort Bend, Lamar CSD, and Katy I know Ė
who else is out Katy freeway, 59, maybe up to 290? What about private
schools secular or Catholic I know St. Celica (SP)? Iím
elementary/elementary social studies certified so a regular classroom
position is what Iíd be looking for. This will mean a $15,000 increase in
pay, which should cover the added cost of living (and you thought you were
underpaid). What do you know about Lamar CSD, they sent a lot of promotional
info and are paying a little above everyone else? Is it the growth out that
way or is there a problem. Also Iíve been working as part of the education
staff here (certification is required for the job) for 5 years will anyone
count that time as teaching years (we are a 501c3 educational institution).

Thanks,
Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)

---