RE: Gifted Student(?)and early testing

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 07:06:24 PST

Can't help with the reading - but I hope he is lucky enough to have a
teacher that is able to incorporate his visual spatialization in to math
instruction, maybe even someone with a background in visual math....

In a similar vein...

a parent told me yesterday that her son (2nd grade) was being tested... the
person testing ask him the question "what can you tell me about yellow,
purple and green?" He said that they were opposite on the color wheel.
When she went over the results with the mom, she said that one was wrong...
when asked why -she was told the answer was "they are all colors"....

> BTW, this child is extremely gifted in spatial organization. Can build
> fantastic lego creations. Can go to the airport, see an airplane and come
> home and build the interior and exterior in incredible detail.
> Fortunately
> my husband is an architect and sees things in 3D also so is able to
> encourage and support this gift.
>
> Just a plug for early testing and extra help at an early age.....
>
> Cindy E.

---