Re: Chartres Cathedral in France

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 05:59:26 PST

GladRabbit001@cs.com wrote:

> If anyone on the Getty Ed Net list has been to Chartres, I have a question
> for you.If you were at Chartres during the Easter season (Lent to Easter /
> early March - mid April) did you happen to notice the labyrinth that is
> located between the fourth and fifth bays?

I've visited Chartres about a half dozen times, but not at that time of
year. Perhaps you can find an e-mail address for Malcolm Miller, the
English historian who's been studying Chartres and conducting tours for
30 years. There was a report on him and Chartres recently on NPR; he's
a real character, and a must if you go to France.

Maggie

---