Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: remember all those name

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 03:32:59 PST

I have 7th daily for nine weeks and 8th graders daily for at
least a semester. My solution with names is a seating chart
with photos. I take photos of every student with my Sony
Mavica. I print out a contact sheet with software called
Maview that lets me put names next to the small images.
I cut and paste these onto my seating chart.
I also print wallet size photos for each of their art notebooks.
                                        Woody in KC

Deb Hyland wrote:

> At the 5-8 bldg., I have a seating chart. I have the kids every day, for 9 or
> 12 weeks, so that helps. I also wrote out each student's name on a small strip
> of construction paper - a different color for each class - and taped their name
> at their seat with that wide, clear tape you use to mail packages.
> was that I asked for a copy of the previous year's school yearbook. Most of the
> kids are in their, and you can study and match names to faces that way.

> Deb

                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on
You are welcome to visit my Web Site at