Re: schedules

---------

From: C. Griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 20:33:29 PST

I have been fascinated to read all of the schedules posted so far...I feel
like a piker in comparison. I am now working part-time, but schedules like
yours are one of the reasons why!
Currently my schedule goes like this:
Up at 5:50
MWF, off to the gym by 8am, half hour drive down the mountain...
9:45 at school to prep for my three period block which starts at 10:23.
T-Th...leave home about 9:15, after spending the early hours reading 8th
grade essays, planning lessons, or even cleaning the house.l
10:20: Start three period block of 8th grade advanced ? reading/language
arts/us history
12:45: lunch, keep room open for any and all students...max 25 at a
time...do as much entering of grades and prep work as I can
1:30: Yearbook...we are also to the deadline, next week, and the stress
builds since we can't seemn to sell enough books and the pressure is really
on. I also advise the morning bulletine so while I am not currently there
when it is broadcast, I was at the beginning of the year, and they are
pretty well trained...we plan our ads and take care of problems during
yearbook. Next trimester, I will teach drawing, as well as prep students
for the Academic Pentathlon. I have also just gotten an iMac and Canon
digital movie camera for the am bulletin, so we will be learning the process
so we can expand the bulletin.
2:25: I am done, and unless there are pressing problems, I can leave. I
have to share my room, so I am compelled to get neater and tidier and to
make sure I am really on top of planning.
Do I take work home? You bet...one of the reason I chose to go part time
was to spend more time out here...and so I take home almost all my essays,
and grade them in the am, when I am calm and relaxed...I also do research on
line and plan all of my lessons at home.
I envy all of you who can stay up until 11, I climb into the loft about nine
to start reading, and usually go to sleep by 10 at the very latest.
It is a great change for me, since I started out the year having to spend
about 8 hours each Sat. grading papers, and 2 hours on
Sunday planning.
Life is too short to devote all that time to school.
Charlotte

---