Re: schedules

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 21:01:35 PST

Hmmm, my schedule depends upon the day! A typical day for me involves
driving 35 miles to my first school (primary building) where I have each
class for 20 minutes. I arrive at contract time (8:10 am - I find it
EXTREMELY difficult to get into the restroom in the am with a teenage
daughter, plus a teenage son who HATES to get up in the morning!), and my
first class arrives at 8:40. Three classes 20 minutes each, 10 minutes for
me to clean-up, then drive 20 miles to the intermediate building - two
classes 35 min. ea. with lunch in between. 30 min. plan, then high school
art (1.5 hours daily, block schedule), then middle school for 1.5 hours.
Middle school is also on block, so I see 7th & 8th on alternating days, 1/3
of the class at a time for 12 weeks. Two days a week I do not go to the
primary building, in which case I get an extra 30 minute plan time one day
(yeah!) - so I have 5 intermediate classes those days. I coach softball
right after school, then I usually attend my son's wrestling matches,
daughter's basketball games, or my library board meetings. Do I take work
home? Absolutely!!! Not that I always get a chance to get to it, but I carry
it with me in case I find a free hour somewhere. I'm currently working on
next year's orders as well, so I am 100% brain-dead! *L*
~Michal

> Hi this is a question for you busy teacher folk. I'd like some idea of
your
> daily schedules: arriving at school, preparation time, amount of class
time,
> meetings, clean up, etc. How long are you usually at school? Do you feel
> like you have adequate planning/prep time? Do you take a lot of work home?
> Do you ever feel like you can't "catch up?" Just wanted to know.

---