schedules

---------

From: KPRS (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 17:01:04 PST

Hi Caryn
  I teach high school. Our school starts at 8:20, I arrive at 7:00 am.
I teach 5 classes (47 min), and have 5 preparations. I have always (in
25 years) taught 5 or maybe six preps in a 5 period day. (We offer 7
dif. classes~so sometimes my classes had to be combined).All teachers
have a 'duty' and get one 'prep' period. Over the years I have been club
adviser, class adviser, and yearbook adviser, which means I don't get
home until anywhere from 6:00 pm-11:00 pm. I use every minute possible,
including my 22 min. lunch so that I rarely take anything home...I do
preparations over the summer, and have managed the skill of doing 6
things at once in order to get everything that needs to get done, done.
So while I am well paid, I work 200% for the school and community. Did I
mention I am also on every committee imaginable?

San D

---