Re: schedules

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 16:38:44 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: Caryn kim
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 8:23 PM
Subject: schedules

We arrive at school by 8:20 a.m., I'm usually there around 8:00. My first
class starts at 9:05. I have the morning time to prep. except on the one
day I have to greet the students coming in off of the bus from 8:45 until
9:00.

I teach seven, forty minute classes a day, with five minutes in between
(this year I only teach six classes on Tuesdays, but this is not usual, I've
had up to eight classes a day).

I have prep./lunch from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. My classes end at 3:10.

I have prep. from 3:10 until 3:50, except on two days where I have bus duty
from 3:30 to 3:50.

I volunteer for art club (16 session from 3:30 - 5:30).

We can leave at 3:50 (except three Mondays a month when we have faculty
meetings until 4:50). However, I usually don't get out of the school until
5:00, sometimes 6:00 or 7. I don't seem to find the time to prepare for the
next day, grade work, make displays, do paperwork, etc. during my daily
"required schedule." I also do a lot of research, example making, reward
certificates, etc. on the weekend.

Leah

Hi this is a question for you busy teacher folk. I'd like some idea of your
daily schedules: arriving at school, preparation time, amount of class time,
meetings, clean up, etc. How long are you usually at school? Do you feel
like you have adequate planning/prep time? Do you take a lot of work home?
Do you ever feel like you can't "catch up?" Just wanted to know.

New to this,
caryn