question about silkscreen ink

---------

From: C. Farnsworth (frnswrth_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 14:27:26 PST

Dear all-knowing group of vast art knowledge,
Our school is beginning preparations for our 2nd annual science family fun
night. One of our science teachers came to me with questions about
silkscreen ink. Apparently there is an activity where a student stands up
against a painted wall. A bright light is flashed on then off. An
afterimage of the students shadow remains on the wall for a few seconds.
Someone recommended to her that she must use silkscreen ink on the wall.
Another told her she had to buy a special kind of paint which has phosphorus
in it, which just happens to be $250/gallon. Has anyone done this? Any
ideas about silkscreen ink that make you think this will work? Of course we
can't afford $250 paint. I didn't have any silkscreen ink on hand.
Hopefully someone in the group has ideas about it.
thanks in advance
crystal

---