Re: gifted & talented

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 16:22:20 PST

Can you share how they
>created these animations? Was all drawings scanned into the computer, or
>were they done on video, or...?

In the past I've recorded them on video, but as I don't have a stop motion
video camera they were always a little choppy. This year I received a new
toy for Xmas--Paint Shop Pro7 and have been happily playing with it. The
students scanned in all their drawings (they had to have at least 10) and
then imported them into Animation Shop 3 (came with Paint Shop Pro) and just
followed the animation wizard steps and saved as a .gif. They turned out
well for only having spent a week on the drawing process.

Also, my g/t kids are not true g/t. We do TAAS tutoring for the first 45
minutes of the day and the students in my room are the students who passed
the benchmark and do not need the tutoring. The principal calls it a g/t
class so he can say we have a g/t program. I treat it like a g/t class and
have very high expectation for them (we were doing order of operations and
algebra yesterday to figure out gross lift, heat rise, air weight and volume
for our fire balloons)

Donald Peters