Re: Unruly Class and rewards

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 16:16:34 PST

As a reward system (elementary) I have paper cut-out "crayon" boxes on the
wall--one for each teacher with the teacher's name on it. When they have had
a good day (quiet, followed directions, etc.) they get a "crayon" in their
box. When they get four crayons then we have an "art party." I have stations
set up in the room with different things--one table has a 96 crayon box and
paper, another has construction paper crayons and black paper, a table with
tempera cakes, a table with color change markers, a table with modeling
clay... Basically, stuff they don't normally get to use. We listen to the
radio (Radio Disney) and rotate every 10 minutes through the stations. Even
the older kids like these days.

Donald Peters