Re: memorable experience

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MarshArt
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:54:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/99 6:17:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bicyclken writes:

> Mrs. Harrigan has no idea how important she was to me and my life's work,
but
> she was a wonderful lady and I will always think of her fondly.

I am so inspired by these testimonials. When I started this thread, it was
just an idea to encourage ME, but I see how we are all getting so much
from it...kinda like Mr. Holland's Opus....( I cried like crazy). I knew
inside that it was the kind of teacher I wanted to be...to make an impact on
young lives. I still feel that way.

Mrs. Goldstein was my 5th grade teacher. She knew how insecure I was and
picked me to do a mural for our history unit. I felt she really "saw me
inside" and did all she could to make me feel accepted. I was an awful
athlete and the kind of kid that was picked last for the team. You know what
I mean.... she helped me to feel important through my art.

When I graduated from college with my art-ed degree, I went to see her. It
was her last year before retirement; just in time to tell her what she meant
to me. I wanted her to know that it was her encouragement and faith in me
that fostered my idea to go on in art.

Marsha in humid, yucky So. FL.