RE: elem. literature & art combo....l

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:18:37 -0500

Could it have been Art Projects Plus Introducing Art Form, Media, and
Techniques with Children's Picture Books by Howard Blount, Jr and Martha
Venning Webb ISBN 1-56822-525-3
Kimberly Herbert, CAM Administrator
San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts and Children's Art Museum
Mailing Address: One Love Street San Angelo, TX 76903
Physical Address: 1st Floor Historic Cactus Hotel, 36 E. Twohig San Angelo,
TX
Phone: 915 659- 4391
kimberly

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu] On Behalf Of Bunki Kramer
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 1999 9:54 PM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: elem. literature & art combo....l

************

Gosh, I wish I could remember author or title but since I'm not an elem.
art teacher, I put it down after thumbin' through it. As I'm want to do, I
generally go to Barnes & Noble occasionally to sit in the overstuff chairs
and spend my afternoon/evening going through their children's and gen. art
books to buy or ideas. I remember this book only because it was so neat how
it was packaged. It offered suggestions of popular young children's
literature and then gave a couple of art projects for each. The projects
were tied in with the characters' interactions. If I were teaching elem., I
would have grabbed it an a NY minute. As I'm on Pacific time, I react
slower...ha. Next time I'll try to think of the listserv when I spot
something great...(I'm still trying to "remember" my 10% teacher's
discount).

Toodles.....

Bunki Kramer - Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Rd., Danville, California 94526
bkramer.ca.us...(sch)925-552-5620