RE: Books for elementary art classes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:18:28 -0500

Camille and the Sunflowers
Degas and the Little Dancer
Picasso and the Girl with a Ponytail
By Laurence Anholt (all three)

During the Lasting Images: Bronzes from the Samfa Collection we used Degas
and the Little Dancer as back up, when the bus was late, or kids cleaned up
faster than normal we pulled it out and read the story. We used it with
K-5th grade and it worked very well.

Kimberly Herbert, CAM Administrator
San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts and Children's Art Museum
Mailing Address: One Love Street San Angelo, TX 76903
Physical Address: 1st Floor Historic Cactus Hotel, 36 E. Twohig San Angelo,
TX
Phone: 915 659- 4391
kimberly

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu] On Behalf Of Stephanie Ignazio
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 1999 7:12 PM
To: artsed
Subject: Books for elementary art classes

I have a few that pop into mind....Phillippe in Monet's garden (great..the
kids loved it!), Camille and ?the sunflowers...unsure of that title, but I
know its camille and its related to VanGogh. My painted house, my friendly
chicken and me....relates to African studies, (I used this with K and we
painted Ndebele houses..I think that was an earlier thread this
year..fantastic) and Animalia...a great resource book for all ages..the K's
love it all the way to the 6's. Good luck! Stephanie