Re: Art in Public Places

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:46:25 -0500

Judie wrote:

> ...British Airways and their
> promotion of artists around the world.
>
> Also, at the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport,... where students' artwork is
> displayed in different terminals for several months at a time.

do any of you participate in Wendy's Restaurant Youth Art Month? around
here (metro Detroit) art teachers can arrange with a local Wendy's to
hang their students' art for the month of March.

another project i've done is produce four-color calendars (formatted
like the real art calendars we all like to buy 50% off on Jan 2) with
student art. this was done as a fundraiser for one of my elementary
schools several years ago. local businesses bought (sponsored) a page in
the calendar and had their camera ready business card size ad printed on
that page. children's work was selected by jury, photographed, and
reproduced in color on the covers and all pages. page layouts were done
to include one or two large images on the top half, and 2 or 3 smaller
ones on the bottom. the sponsors' ads paid for the entire cost of
production and the calendars were sold for $5 pure profit each. sponsors
received free copies.

linda in michigan