Memorabale art class experience

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MarshArt
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:37:56 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/99 10:58:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kprs writes:

> My positive experience, and one that has guided me through my teaching,
> was an eighth grade art teacher

I thought that this would be a good thread to explore while we are on Summer
break. What art teacher in your life had an influence on you to encourage
and develop your talents? What did they do to help you. What fond memory do
you have?

I don't remember having art in elementary school and very little about
Middle school ,so it probably wasn't memorable. However, in High School, I
had a teacher ( I can't remember his name but remember his face) and he
recognized my talent. I did a fashion illustration in pen and ink a he let
me use own quill pen. He was so pleased with my design, he gave it to me.
That was more than 40 years ago and I still have it. ( I am one of Bunki's
decrepit buddies). It is a treasure to me because it reminds me of the faith
he had in me.

Marsha