Re: A Question about Teaching

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
menichino (menichino)
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:28:59 -0400

Hi all --
Related to this thread -- I sometimes (actually, more often lately...) have
a problem with kids jumping up out of their seats and coming over to me to
ask questions or show me stuff, even though I remind them to stay in their
seats and raise their hands. The 2nd and 3rd graders especially seem to
forget this reminder. I tell them that while they're sitting there waiting
for me they just may solve their own problems. Does anyone have a policy
of making kids stay in their seats during class? It just seems so
impractical when they may need to get up to get a pencil or whatever. Any
advice or helpful hints for this problem? (I sometimes tell them they make
me feel like a mommy dog with all these puppies coming running after me,
but they don't seem to take the hint!)
Liz in rural NY