Fwd: Re: Re: Kindergarten: "I see the white paper showing"

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
GBWOLF
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 08:25:56 EDT

--part1_4499fd7c.249ce654_boundary

From: GBWOLF
Full-name: GBWOLF
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 08:24:34 EDT
Subject: Re: Re: Kindergarten: "I see the white paper showing"
To: KPRS

by fourth they have to create new colors, by mixing with pastels on a self
portrait project. I take a digital photo of each one of the kids at the
beginning of school, and they use it to draw the portrait (using the formula
- eyes in the middle of the oval, etc...). Then I use the photos again when
I display their selected artwork and writing at the end of the year Art Show.
So...We do talk about layering. I don't let them mix paint colors much
though, I did do a Remington landscape where they had to mix all of their
colors too (none straight from the bottles) this year. That was also at 4th.
We do mix primaries to make secondaries and tertiaries, make monochromatics,
etc...at K-3. Maybe I'll let them try mixing in other situationsearlier than
4th. Thanks for the suggestion.

--part1_4499fd7c.249ce654_boundary--