Fwd: computer art curriculum

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Oscarmea
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:36:12 EDT

--part1_97cb1d4b.249956ac_boundary

From: Oscarmea
Full-name: Oscarmea
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:05:07 EDT
Subject: computer art curriculum
To: atrsednet

Hey guys! I'm new to the talk group. I'm a first year secondary art teacher
who needs to write a computer art curriculum for next year. I thought that I
would ask for help from some seasoned veterans. Since my budget is limited
(as everyone's is I'm sure) I'm looking into getting Photoshop and
Illustrator first and working from there, or maybe just Photoshop depending
on how fast my budget wanes. I thought that I would work about 4 to a
computer and have them take turns. I'm really interested in creative
projects that anyone can offer me in which the students learn to use the
tools correctly. I'm steering away from graphics projects such as designing
cards and such because we already have a Graphics class in which they have
started implementing computers. If anyone can either send me ideas for
lessons or a copy of a computer art curriculum that has worked successfully I
would be very grateful.

Mea Amacher
264 Iris CT
Paramus, NJ 07652