Re: Feces Painting Divides Art Lovers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:48:52 -0500

The responses have been interesting and some predictable. Yes, I agree that art
is a very personal thing, but I do believe that people( or people who like to call
themselves artists) like to take advantage of art being personal and expressive
just to shock people. I don't think ( and this is just my opinion) that their
intent is always one of an artistic nature. Some people love to draw attention to
themselves by doing outrageous things. It 's sometimes just for the shock value.
So how do you decide when it is art or when it is for " hey look at me". Ok,
enough said, I bet this could be discussed forever.
MaryB