Re: Feces Painting Divides Art Lovers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sages7
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:34:58 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/99 5:44:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jaugusta writes:

<< Did any of you see this!! What are some of your opinions and would you
> explain THIS to students?
> maryB

Old hat, Mary. The first individual to use this unusual medium was
Piero Manzoni, and Italian proto-Conceptual artist who produced an
edition (90 tin cans) of what he titled *Artist's Shit* --it was just
that--in 1960. >>

What about Abject art? Seems like there are very many examples of artists
using their body excrement, parts and fluids to create art. Carolee
Schneemann, Kiki Smith, Orlan to name a few...

I think the human body, both inside and out, interest many. As to explaining
to my class about feces painting..umm..good question!

Heather