Re: Feces Painting Divides Art Lovers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Dianna (dmammone)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:20:34 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01BEB6BC.8122C900

I remember in the '60's a group of girls(groupies) who would follow =
around male rock stars and ask permission to cast their penises(peni?) =
in plaster for their collection. They put out a book that showed their =
"technique" and had photos of their contributors. I remember Mick =
Jagger, being in this a lot. It was in Haight Ashbury, I think. Oh =
yea, their name? The plaster casters. No lie.
----- Original Message -----=20
From: gregjuli=20
To: Joseph Augusta=20
Cc: artsednet.edu=20
Sent: Monday, June 14, 1999 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: Feces Painting Divides Art Lovers

LOL, so this has happened before?! Boy I missed it the first time, =
but I guess i was too young to notice. I guess nothing really surprises =
anyone in the art anymore.=20
MaryB=20
Joseph Augusta wrote:=20

gregjuli wrote:=20
Did any of you see this!! What are some of your opinions and would =
you=20
explain THIS to students?=20
maryB=20
=20
Old hat, Mary. The first individual to use this unusual medium was =
Piero Manzoni, and Italian proto-Conceptual artist who produced an =
edition (90 tin cans) of what he titled *Artist's Shit* --it was just =
that--in 1960. The edition sold out immediately, proving =
something....in fact, proving a lot of things----story and pics here:
http://home.sprynet.com/~mindweb/page14.htm
Best wishes,=20

Joseph

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01BEB6BC.8122C900

I remember in the '60's a group of=20 girls(groupies) who would follow around male rock stars and ask = permission to =20 cast their penises(peni?) in plaster for their collection.  They = put out a=20 book that showed their "technique" and had photos of their = contributors.  I=20 remember Mick Jagger, being in this a lot.  It was in Haight = Ashbury, I=20 think.  Oh yea, their name?  The plaster casters.  No=20 lie.