Re: Art Quotes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 18:54:47 -0400

ricki fromkin wrote:

> AViles5631 wrote:
> >
> > I know that in the past we have art quotes on the list. I am looking for a
> > place that has a compilation of art related quotes as opposed to searching
> > through the archives...

One caveat to keep in mind---when you post these quotations to your
students--something I don't advise you to do by the way--you *must* tell them
that the words are just the product of one person's conception--and may be true
for the individual who conceived them, and others who think like that--but may be
false for you (the student). Thus, if the quotation strikes a chord in you (the
student) use it--if not, dump it, and realize there are many, many ways to skin
the cat---just about as many ways as there are individuals alive today on planet
Earth!

Best wishes,
Joseph