OT.-junk mail/Address to report email abuse

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:31:46 -0400

John's been reporting people lately- so if you have pesky spams
please report them. They are not allowed to do this -particulars
john would have to answer. Anyway he turns them in and I think he's
been notified at least 5 times this weekend from the companies that
they've been kicked off the lists they were on.
Read below!

Abuse wrote:
> We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. MSN is concerned about the inappropriate use of e-mail or newsgroups for advertising, solicitation or harassment being sent to or from our members.
>
> After reviewing the information you sent us, it appears that the MSN addresses have been forged in the 'spam' you received. Since they have 'spoofed' their account to look like they are coming from MSN, we do not take this lightly. We are currently investigating the message source and will alert the necessary ISP's as quickly as possible.
>
> Thank you for your assistance,
> MSN MSN Policy Enforcement Dept.
> -Khim

which was 5KB long-I pasted it up so you would just see the context.

His response below-