art web sites/compilation

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelty (lckelty)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 23:50:16 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0745_01BEAFAE.2AFAC380

I found a good site for M. C. Escher and tessellations. Don't know if =
it's
been shared before or not.

I know most of you have this info. as did I, but I wanted it in one =
place so I could delete stuff. Sent with credits to contributors. Linda =
K. in Iowa

http://library.advanced.org/16661/escher/tessellations.1.html

Carolyn Roberts
E. B. Frink Middle School
Kinston NC

thanks for the escher site. here's a really good site for tessellations. =
it
is so good that i have learned many different systems for creating them =
and
the students have done some brilliant work. i don't know how to create a
link but here's the address: =
web.inter.nl.net/hcc/Hans.Kuiper/index.html
vicki in tn.

Dear colleagues I have been working with a great web site in regard to =
working with tessellations. I'd like to share this with you. =
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/sum95/suzanne/links.html I also found a =
fabulous source of tessellation lesson plans at a math site =
http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/RR/database/RR.09.96/archamb1.html Since =
I work at the elementary level in art, I have scaled these suggested =
plans down greatly, but what a help. A huge help in my understanding as =
well. Barbara
=20
I haven't tried this yet, but thought some of you might be =
interested.... =20
Susan.

Free -- a search engine that looks for images!
Arriba Vista is a search engine that quickly delivers=20
images to your screen for downloading and saving. =20
Great for book reports, Web sites, greeting cards,=20
and having fun. Check it out! http://www.arribavista.com

http://www.ben2.ucla.edu/~permadi/java/spaint/spaint.html

This is a crazy drawing website that kids might enjoy. It makes=20
kaleidoscope designs with the artist is charge of how the design grows=20
and progresses. Check it out!

MAK

MaryAnn F. Kohl (WA)
maryann
http://www.brightring.com/books
=20

I used the search right away and It is so much easier. I think it is
fantastic. A student needed a picture of a tornadoe and we found on =
right
away. Great. ann delaney Connersville, Indiana

Linda Kelty wrote:

> [...]

Try Will o the Wisp on ArtsEdNet:
http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/resources/Maps/will.html

Nast, New Orleans & Degas
http://www.homeworkcentral.com/Top8/files.htp?fileid=3D65896&use=3Dhc

The work of the illustrious cartoonist of Harper's Weekly is exhibited =
in
this growing collection about Thomas Nast. The Nast pages are a feature =
of
Harp Week, the fabulous online collection of decades of issues of =
Harper's
Weekly, which are a prime example of how the Internet can bring history =
and
its tangible assets to students. The mini-section called "Interactivity
Among Thomas Nast, New Orleans and Edgar Degas" is a confection of art =
and
history, which includes the explanation that one of Nast's famous =
anti-Tweed
cartoons made a major contribution to Degas' classic painting the =
"Cotton
Office." Also here we learn that in 1867, Nast, a born multimediaist,
created the Grand Caricaturama, a presentation of 33 paintings each 8 =
feet
high. As seated audiences watched in delight, the pictures were moved =
across
the stage, accompanied by a spoken narration and relevant piano pieces. =
Now
we do that with clicks and digital audio.

http://www.pz.harvard.edu/Research/MoMA.htm
this will take you to the web site on Gardner's Project Zero's page.
there is a site from MOMA
on teaching visual language curriculum. To find out more about
project zero just click on the bottom and it will take you to the
home page.
Sandra