marbling/compilation

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelty (lckelty)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 23:45:57 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0734_01BEAFAD.8F049DC0

I have used liquid starch with acrylic paints. It works well and I have =

marbleized paper and muslin with this. Let me know if you have any =
other=20
questions.
Carolyn in MA

have also used Kodak PhotoFlo in the water with tempera paints placed on
top with the tip of a brush and swirled using combs, feathers etc.

Dennis

From: Kathy Tickner <ktickner.us>
To: 'artsednet.edu' <artsednet.edu>
Subject: marbelizing paper
Date: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 6:06 PM

Another way to marbelize paper is to use enamel spray paint on top of
water. Get the foil turkey pans from the grocery store, and fill them
up with water to the top. Take spray paint of different colors, even
gold and silver work well, and spray a thin layer on top of the water.=20
Swirl lightly with a toothpick or chopstick, and lay the paper down onto
it, and then pick it up. You can use up to three colors before it gets
too thick and will "clump" onto the paper.
You don't want to swirl too much as the spray paint will stick to the
toothpick or chopstick.

Enjoy,
Kathy Tickner
Byron MIddle School, CA

------=_NextPart_000_0734_01BEAFAD.8F049DC0

I have used liquid starch with acrylic paints.  It works well = and I=20 have
marbleized paper and muslin with this.  Let me know if you = have=20 any other
questions.
Carolyn in MA

have also used Kodak PhotoFlo in the water with tempera paints = placed=20 on
top with the tip of a brush and swirled using combs, feathers=20 etc.

Dennis