RE: exposure

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 14:45:36 -0500

A local artist group is doing a Art Symposium for Youth (3rd - 6th grades)
during our summer program. The specifically asked to do oil painting as one
of the activities, because the children have never been exposed to it, and
they want to catch them before they lose interest in art.

Kimberly Herbert, CAM Administrator
San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts and Children's Art Museum
Mailing Address: One Love Street San Angelo, TX 76903
Physical Address: 1st Floor Historic Cactus Hotel, 36 E. Twohig San Angelo,
TX
Phone: 915 659- 4391
kimberly

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-artsednet.edu
[owner-artsednet.edu] On Behalf Of Jackie Aust
Billingsley
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 1999 1:58 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: exposure

Hey guys,

I am in a deep discussion with a fellow art teacher. I would very much
like to see our advanced art program grow. It is my believe that
exposing Art I students to many techniques is one answer, with the
knowledge that you can expand your student of these techniques in
advanced courses. This all came about by having my students experiment
with doing acrylic or oil paintings. The more experienced teacher, in
years, really fussed because I did not save that for advanced students.
I am basing my decision on past experience from another district. I got
students interested in level one, and then they wanted to enroll in
level two and so on based on the experience at an early level. This is
only one area we disagree. I think back also that many of our students
have been exposed to the basic in junior high and are somewhat board in
high school entry level. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Jackie