Re: money, postage stamps and flags/middle school discipline

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:35:25 -0400

Nora Redfern wrote:

> Hi -
> Forever encouraged to tie in art with other subjects, I'm trying to
> figure out a direction and activities that would go along with the study
> of art on money, flags and postage stamps - specifically as related to
> Texas history. Any ideas on hands-on projects that would go along with
> this? (My students are typically frustrated with their abilities to draw
> well enough to design their own money.)

> Thanks again,
> Nora Redfern

Nora I'm not sure about Texas but I do have the Postal museum web
site and also have a lesson on Stuart Davis> who was the first
person to have an art stamp. Only wish I had a computer when I did
the lesson because I had an actual stamp which I borrowed and now I
could have scanned it. However it is from a painting I could look
up. Let me know. So you could use the same idea as the lesson and
apply it to your own objective.
Sandra