Re: Evidence

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 06:52:16 -0400

KP RS wrote:

> Art by its very nature cannot tell the 'truth', I mean didn't didn't Magritte
> say "this is not a pipe"?

Not very profound, is it? And when you think about someone going through all the
time and effort to produce a painting of a pipe and then writing on it that it
isn't a pipe--don't you find this a bit silly?

To be fair to Magritte, he did rise above this foolishness to produce some
excellent paintings demonstrating complicated visual conundrums touching upon
issues under consideration by the leading physicists of the day.

Best wishes,
Joseph