Re: elements & principals of art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Dennis Golombek (golombek)
Tue, 01 Jun 1999 19:01:44 -0400

To all:

If there are to be standards, state or national, maybe someone should try to have
a standardized list of both elements and principles. Yet I'm reminded of a
comment from a 6th grade student as to why when looking at various color charts
from various companies in my art catalogues why the same named colors looked
different. I think that's why art is so much fun and so much of a challenge.
That's why I consider myself more artistic than scientific.

If we need books that have standard elements and principles we also need
textbooks that don't end with the Vietnam War and maps that don't display the
USSR and Belgian Congo.

God,...it's the end of the schoolyear and I'm still expecting too much.

Dennis

--
"Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio ?
 Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

http://www.localnet.com/~golombek/