Re: Parents night and ideas for an eagle scout

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cheryl Lane (lane_c)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:35:29 -0400

Chochip1 wrote:

> I am looking for ways to involve parents/sibs/and students in an art-related
> evening activity at my small K-1 school. I need a theme, a purpose a direction
> to offer parents and kids an opportunity to make art together, learn art
> history, an illustrator's stlye, etc. I'm wondering if anyone out there in
> cyberspace has offered any such opportunity and what works and doesn't work.
> Advice? Suggestions? Thanks!
>
> Also, I am looking for inspiration- I have been contacted by an aspiring Eagle
> scout who has to do a community service project to attain this rank. He is
> creative(a very good cartoonist) and wants to do something that brings the
> arts to kids- he is looking for a way to do his service project in an art
> realted way- any ideas?? Thanks once again!

There is a book called "Doing Art Together" by Muriel
Silberstein-Storfer, she offers (or did, not sure if she still does)
parent-child art workshops at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and this
book contains her lessons... it may be helpful!
good luck
sherry