Re: children's book illustrations & design

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cheryl Lane (lane_c)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 23:10:06 -0400

AHRies11 wrote:

> Has anyone out there used well illustrated and designed children's books as
> part of their art curriculum? Have you ever seen, created, or used an
> exhibition of such work as a resource for your teaching?
>
> There is a book by Barbara Kiefer on the topic and I wonder if anyone has
> tried her ideas in the classroom.
>
> Thanks in advance for anything you can share....
>
> AHRies

I use Carmen Lomas Garnza's "Family Pictures" in my first grade mexican
art unit. we look at the the pictures of what her family is doing
together and then they paint a picture of their family doing something
together. (this is a very breif summary). Ive also picked up a
wonderful book at an art conference titled, "Art Projects Plus!
Introducing art form, media and technique with children's picture books"
by R. Howard Blout, Jr. & Martha Venning Webb. Its full of
connections!!!

sherry