Re: PAINT that comes with Windows 95

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Alexander Fromme (rfromme)
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 07:25:35 -0500

At 10:18 PM 6/23/98 EDT, Ken Schwab wrote:

One of the best programs to use and especially with 7th- 12th
>graders is Dabbler from Fractal Design. This program will give the artist
>many brushes and effects that can be truely creative without being too
>complicated. I have used it with my high school students and it has been used
>in their A.P. portfolio. Please see if you can use this program, I believe
>it's around $50.

Many of us will support Ken's suggestion. Dabbler is kind of like
a little brother to FD Painter but middle schoolers will find it fun
to use without the confusion of too many complicated tools.

You may want to check http://www.onsale.com/exchange.htm
Look in the Software/Graphics section for open bids. Yesterday
I placed a bid on Dabbler 2 for $7:00. Tthis morning I was
informed that I had won the bid at that price. As I have mentioned
before on the list, the online auctions frequently have very cheap
graphics software. Even when the applications are not the most
recent versions, they provide the kids with substantial learning
and when money for upgrades can be found, the upgrade usually
costs a fraction of the full product price. The only downside
is that one must be willing to accept some risk when using the
auctions.