Re: brush cleaning

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
LITESAL (LITESAL)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:01:02 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: ..... <kenney5>
To: LITESAL <LITESAL>
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 1998 1:35 AM
Subject: brush cleaning

>When a question is asked and people respond only to the person, it
>defeats the purpose of the list. I wou like to know some of those brush
>cleaning ideas. Could you forward any to me?
> THANKS...kenney5

Dear Kenney and All,
That is a very good point, and I agree. I think that much of the
communication on this list should take place publicly. That's why we all
subscribe, we want to learn new things, and hear others' opinions. However,
a while back, certain members of the list complained that if a message
concerned only one member (for example, an answer to one member's question)
then replies should be sent to that one member so that the volume of mail
would be cut down. I believe we took that suggestion a little too far,
perhaps the complainer only meant that things like "What're ya doin' this
weekend?" should be confined to personal correspondence.
In any event, here are some of the brush cleaning suggestions that I
received (an " * " means that I tried it and was satisfied): *Dawn
dishwashing liquid, *mechanic's hand cleaning soap (specifically, "Orange
Goop", but I used something different), Ivory soap (it's gentle on brushes),
shampoo, and lysol soap. Also, it was suggested that I use fewer brushes,
wipe them a lot, and switch to acrylic sometimes.

: )
Leah