Re: children's book illustrations & design

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:08:25 -0400

At 11:50 AM 6/22/98 EDT, you wrote:

>Has anyone out there used well illustrated and designed children's books as
>part of their art curriculum?
>...There is a book by Barbara Kiefer on the topic and I wonder if anyone
has tried her ideas in the classroom.
>AHRies

I teach high school and often have used illustrations, with children's
literature included, as one of the project to be completed in the contracts
my students have to fulfill. I am always on the look-out for really
outstanding and inovative illustrators. Since I have grandchildren, I
purchase some of the children's books to have at my house and to use when
needed at school. These have been a wonderful resource!

I would like to know more about Barbara Kiefer's book. What is its title?
Please let me know what others have to say if they have used it.

Thanks,
Jane