Re: batik/mask ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ttipton.tz
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:09:27 +0300

I recently did a couple of sessions with batik drawing on rectangles
of heavy cardstock or tagboard with the wax after creating a pencil
sketch. Then using brushes, students painted the colors on the paper
over the wax. They were marvelous!

As for masks, we just finished making our face masks into greek
mythological characters, allowing them to express themselves in 20th
century forms. Interesting what characters the mixture created.

Regards,
Teresa Tipton

From: Lynnzi
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 13:53:05 EDT
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: batik ideas

I am getting ready to teach a two week class to 3-5th graders on batik. Does
anyone have any great ideas. I have several crayon melters and am not sure if
that is the way to go.

I also need some new wonderful mask ideas. I am also teaching a mask making
class. One of the masks is going to be a plaster gauze mask on the childrens
faces. I am tired of paper mache masks. Does anyone have any different ideas
for interesting masks? I think we are going to make "beast masks" to go
along with the story Beauty and the Beast. Again, the children are 3-5th
grade. Thanks for your help. Have a great summer.