From: Melissasmi
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Athlete Artists....
Date: Mon, Jun 15, 1998, 9:35 AM

While encouraging some 5th graders concerning the possibility of combining
art
and making art with any occupation in their fututre life, one boy
challenged
me to name a pro athlete who is an artist. I assured him there were pro
athletes who made art but he wants a name. He would like specifically an
NBA
artist...I'd get off the hook with any pro athlete. (And I don't consider
Rodman's hair,body adornment art.) I am very much not into athletics...did
search on the web for quite awhile and found nothing. Maybe I'm wrong. If
anyone knows of a pro athlete who makes art, please let me know ASAP.
Thanks
for your thoughts....Melissa Smith

Bellows was a baseball player at Ohio State and tried out for the Cincinnati
Reds, I believe.
Louise