Re: Question about private schools

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Louise Lutton (
Wed, 29 Aug 1956 20:03:41 +0000

From: Zoomzaam
Subject: Question about private schools
Date: Thu, Jun 11, 1998, 1:21 AM

Hi everyone!
For the first time, I applied to become a kindergarden and 1st grade art
teacher in a private school and I just recently received a sort of
letter. I say "sort of" because the closing line was "although we are
currently not looking for an art teacher, anything can happen between now
September. We will consider you first when a position comes up."
I have asked a couple of teacher friends (not art teachers) and they have
said that private schools are notorious for calling at the last minute for a
hire. I would just like to know if this is true because the letter I
seemed to spell unpredictability.
Thanks to anyone who'll comment. Have a great summer! Asuka in Los

I once applied to a Montessori sch., interviewed well and did not get the
job. I heard later that it was just as well because this particular sch.
kept strict guidlines on art curr. The school called me several months
later to see if I was still available. When I asked what happened to the
person they hired, they said she did not follow the curr. I declined the
job offer. They called me again for the next sch. year and I was even more
convinced this was not right for me................Ah, roads not taken.
In this situation I made a good choice. I am working in a new school in my
own district, with a sch. bd. and Super who believe in the arts!