Re: is anyone out there?Bill's still here.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mike Keller (keller)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:38:14 +0000

> elwood p dowd wrote:
> >
> > my list would look something like this:
> > REAL ARTISTS 101: van gogh, gaugain, manet, monet, vermeer, bruegel,
> > turner, friedrich, duchamp, picasso, matisse, modigliani, soutine, degas,
> > rembrandt, titian, velasquez, rivera,pollock, rothko, kline, gorky,
> > reinhardt,
> > johns, raushenberg, tatlin, malevich, nevelson, o'keefe, butterfield,
> > hesse,
> > kirchner, nolde, ernst, on and on and on........
> > calder is a peripheral artist,out there on his own fringe
> >
> But for 2 who are nearly there, your list could be renamed:
> REAL (dead) ARTISTS 101. Close your Janson's and try to get out more;
> there's a whole world of art, great and small, being created even as we
> speak! Have courage Elwood!

Yeah, I notice not a photographer in the bunch, altho O'Keefe hung out with a
very famous one.<g> That almost qualifies as one of those DWG lists.

That's Dead White Guys to those who don't know.

Michael Keller
Old and New Media