Re: is anyone out there?Bill's still here.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 09:37:35 -0400

elwood p dowd wrote:

> my list would look something like this:
> REAL ARTISTS 101: van gogh, gaugain, manet, monet, vermeer, bruegel,
> turner, friedrich, duchamp, picasso, matisse, modigliani, soutine, degas,
> rembrandt, titian, velasquez, rivera,pollock, rothko, kline, gorky,
> reinhardt,
> johns, raushenberg, tatlin, malevich, nevelson, o'keefe, butterfield,
> hesse,
> kirchner, nolde, ernst, on and on and on........
> calder is a peripheral artist,out there on his own fringe

But for 2 who are nearly there, your list could be renamed:
REAL (dead) ARTISTS 101. Close your Janson's and try to get out more;
there's a whole world of art, great and small, being created even as we
speak! Have courage Elwood!

Best wishes,
Joseph