Re: American Visions

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jen Dixon (jendixon)
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 22:41:53 -0400

Wdtren wrote:

> What is "American Visions"? I teach, in my English III class, units on the
> American Dream and American Identity using DBAE strategies. "American
> Visions" sounds like something I'd be interested in.
> Thanx!
Its a series that was aired on PBS last summer. Its about the American
artist throughout American History. Its a wonderful series that really
captures tha heart of American Art. You can purchase the series
through PBS...find it on the web. Time magazine even devoted an entire
issue on the series. The series also deals with Architecture. Plus it
really shows how the artists is influenced by what is happening in
history and culture.
You must check it out. Find a library or someone who has it
though...its a 8 tape series with a hefty price tag.
Jen