Re: palettes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sun, 07 Jun 1998 18:45:51 -0700

betti longinotti wrote:

> While painting a mural with a student group this past semester I
> discovered a great source of palettes....plastic lids from margarine
> bowls.

Has anyone mentioned the foam trays that meat, seafood, and some produce
are packaged in? Though we have "real" palettes for our acrylic painting
unit, the foam trays are good for messy, quicky projects like painting
banners for homecoming; or, for the 3D class to use to paint their masks
and sculptures. I get inundated with them when I ask the faculty to
bring them in; everyone wants to recycle, but there are no facilities for
recycling foam around here.

Though I get them already washed, if you're concerned about germs, you
could rinse them in a 10% bleach solution.

Maggie