Re: palettes and labels - Long Post

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Sun, 07 Jun 1998 16:41:03 -0400

Thanks I always appreciate others ideas. I love laminating so this
will be easy to do,I also prefer the kids to have own supplies and
learn to take care of their own things. It does always amaze me to
still teach kids as young as Kindergarten to clean up their own
mess. I don't know why it should I have kids and their slobs like
the rest(however they clean up their own palettes and brushes at
home).

I have a pallete idea too-The way I learned in a museum long ago and
also was explained in the Met.Museum of Art parent/child workshop
was to use furniture casters. We used them on the cafeteria trays
and lined the side and top with casters(of course starting out with
a few and growing with more colors added).A cup for water and a
sponge at the bottom. This invoved a painting lesson over many
months with the exploration of color/line, shape, mixing but I
prefered using this method when teaching it was cleaner and everyone
was responsible for cleaning their own supplies.
I also liked using milk Jugs with the handles left on but the top
cut off to hold water. When doing murals it was easier passing those
around.

If you can't find casters I have an old address I don't know if it's
still good but it's were we got them from also I have used Tide and
Cheer detergent tops in place of casters and had students
responsible for bring them in. I sent out a letter at the end of
school to ask for certain items I'd need in the year.
Sandra

--
john barrick
Sandra Barrick